Monday 18 March 2013

All about my hair.......and hair styles.


When I was small, to grow my hair my mom & dad together use to make coconut oil at home specially for my hair. And my grandma used to send selected coconut for making oil at home through whoever comes from my native. It was my whole family who took much efforts to grow my hair.





That special coconut oil prepared at home has pure coconut oil aroma & thickness, that helped my hair grow very thick, black, long & shining.

My Mom use to massage my hair every saturday with warm home made coconut oil for 15 mins then she'll apply lemon + egg white mixture and let me be for 20 mins, then she'll wash my hair with sikhakai that's the secret of my long, thick, shinning hair.

My classmates at school use to pull my hair just to measure my hair length & thickness. With much pride, I let them compare mine with them....:-)

I can't forget this one incident that happened during my engineering days. I did my engineering staying in hostel. My seniors once ragged me & cut my hair to finger length saying " how can u have such a thick, shinning hair". I & all my roomates were in shock. Since it was a weekend, my parents visited me exactly by that time & caught my seniors. And all my seniors who cut my hair begged my parents not to complain to the principal and felt on my parent's feet. Then my parents left them with warnings. My parents gave that  importance & care to my hair.

I cant believe that i even had a group of  fans in my hostel, college and even in my work place. Till my marriage my mom washed, maintained and gave me a beautiful hair.


But after my marriage, everything changed........including my hair thickness, glow & length. But then i found dove and I should say that Dove has taken my mom's place and taking care of my hair till now.

Now i'm a mother of a 5 yr old girl. Above all fans, I have one very special, cute fan for my long hair.....and that's my daughter. She loves my hair sooooo much that she sits on my lap, take my braided hair & put it on her shoulder and say " mommy look my long hair...." ha ha....

She always asks me,  "how u got this big, long hair......". I use to say " my mom gave me". Her next question will be " will u give me this long hair..." Being a working mom, making coconut oil at home, preparing sikhakai powder are not possible for me. So with dove I have just started growing her hair just like how my mom & dove grew mine.

She has a beautiful hair....here's the pics of my daughter's braid.



















This post is for Indiblogger & Dove 's

Beautiful Ends to your Beautiful Braids! Contest.













28 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks Fantastic..Lovely & Nice hair..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked all the styles,her hair is looking so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that's so cute and lovely hairdo dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cute girl have fabulous hair n excellent styles...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet girl, beautiful hair with excellent styles.

    today's post:
    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2013/03/steamed-egg-bhapa-dim.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and sweet girl....lovely hair styles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter looks so cute, love her hair and the hairstyles, esp the french braid :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic post dear.. your daughter is so so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow beautiful hair styles and a lovely post...

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow.. super hair styles.. hair is looking so good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot friends...for all your visits & comments....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute and very pretty hair styles..She looks so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Helen lovely to know your hair story wish i could get the secret coconut oil :P your daughter is such a princess, very pretty, taking after her mom I suppose ;-) loved reading your story

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is so so lovely hairdo, and i guess the little girl is so sweet to wait patiently until you finish with her hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is very cute in all styles.. loved the hair styles too :) Thnx for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww...So sweet...Your daughter looks soooo cute with all those nice hairstyles...Touch wood..Lot's of love to the little one...
    OMG your seniors chopped off your hairs!!! That's really bad..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent hairstyles ...Love all of them!!
    Me surprise that your daughter sits patiently for the hair dos :)
    ShrutiRasoi
    Today's Recipe
    Chiken Dumplings/Momos

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was the same when younger, long hair and combed with coconut oil. Along the years I have gone shorter and no more coconut oil. I love this post, something different and a break from recipes.

    I too love to accessorise my hair and thanks for the ideas. Have much of the same type of flower sets and gonna try out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. she has beautiful hair. nice style too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your princess is cute, and she has beautiful hair, I love your hairstyling.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!! Such lovely hairstyles and your daughter is so cute!! Her hair is also fantastic! :)
    http://www.rita-bose-cooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Helen, your daughter is so adorable and cute. I really envy her beautiful silky long hair. Her hair styles are fantastic and beautiful. You're very good in hair styling. 2 thumbs up for you.

    Warm regards to you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ur daughter is very cute....her hair is very beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this post, totally different and useful! Your daughter is so adorable, Helen. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your lovely comment..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...