Saturday 19 January 2013

Masala Milk


In the evening today, the weather was bit chill & i felt like having hot masala milk instead of coffee. And a cup of masala milk which I prepared turned out very well just like the one we use to have in the hotels. So I drafted it & here comes my recipe.









Ingredients:

Milk - 2 cups
Cardamom -3 nos
Cinnamon - 1 small stick
Cloves - 3 nos
Cashews - 4 nos - chopped
Almonds -3 nos - chopped
Pistachios -3 nos- chopped
Sugar - 4 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tbsp


Cooking Method:

1. Boil the milk in a heavy bottom pan.

2. While the milk is boiling, dry grind cardamom, cinnamon & cloves in a mixer and add it to the boiling milk.

3. Then add the tumeric powder & sugar to the milk. Let the milk cook until it thickens or at least for 15 - 20 mins.

4. Now remove it from the flame and filter the milk in the stainer. Discard the spices skin.

5. Add the cashews, almonds & pistachios to the filtered milk and serve hot.

***You can also add saffron if you have.


Picture Presentation:





9 comments:

  1. hi helen, thank you for your visit. glad to know you. a very healthy drink, must try this. bookmarked with thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very tempting..inviting too.
    Glad to follow you.. I'll be happy if you follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like something I would love! I wish I had all the ingredients because I would make this now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...