Saturday 5 January 2013

Whole wheat bread bajji


Today evening my daughter asked me to make bajji. Generally by friday all my vegetables will be over  & I'll clean the fridge to store fresh veggis for coming week. So there was only some whole wheat  bread slices left in my fridge. I thought of giving a try with it & it worked fabulously. Even my parents- in -law loved it. They eat only wheat food most of the time. They really enjoyed this bajji.







This is easy evening snack and here is the recipe.



Ingredients:

Besan flour - 2 cups
Asafoetida - pinch
Red chilli powder - 1 tbsp ( as per your taste)
Corn flour/rice flour - 2 tbsp
Salt
Jeera/cumin seeds - 1/2 tbsp
Whole wheat bread
Oil for frying


Making Method:

1. In a big bowl, mix besan flour, red chilli powder, corn flour, asafoetida, salt and cumin seeds.

2. Then add water to this mixture. The batter consistency should not be too thick or too thin.

3. Meanwhile heat oil in a heavy bottom pan for frying.

4. Cut the bread into any shape & size you want. Then dip the bread into the batter & slowly slip it in the hot oil.

5. Fry the bread bajji till it turns golden color on both sides. Serve hot with coconut chutney or tomato ketchup.


Picture Presentation:




Sending this recipe to





5 comments:

  1. Thanks a ton Ramya :-)
    So wht's that u r cooking today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Helen, here I am!

    Wow, bread bajji makes me so hungry right now, can I grab some? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sure...will courier some to u from here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, thank u love2cook Malaysia...keep visiting. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...