Friday 18 January 2013

Vermicelli Upma - Simple Version


Please don't think that I'm a lazy goose seeing all my simple version recipes..ok. I always prefer fast & simple version because I'll be running out of time everyday in the morning.

Need to cook & pack breakfast & lunch for my daughter, hubby & myself. Ahaaa....imagine how busy I'll be...that's y I have hands-on on all simple versions ;)

Here is another simple version recipe... he he....






Ingredients:

Roasted Vermicelli - 2 packets
Onion - 2 Big (chopped)
Red chillis -4
Mustard
Bengal gram dhal - 1 tbsp
Curry leaves
Salt
Oil


Cooking Method:

1. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan. Add mustard seeds to the oil. When mustard splatters, add bengal gram dhal, red chillis & curry leaves.

2. Add onion when bengal gram dhal & chillis are roasted and fry until the onion turns transparent.

**You can add vegetables after adding onion if you have it ready.

3. Next add 2 cups/400 ml of water to the fried mixture when onion/vegetables are cooked. Add salt.

4. When water starts boiling add the roasted vermicelli, mix it and cover it with the lid. Reduce the flame & let the vermicelli cook for 5-7 mins.

5. Serve hot with coconut chutney.


Picture Presentation:




15 comments:

  1. Hello Helen ...
    Thanks for visiting my space and leaving your valuable comment !!!
    Glad to follow you !!
    ShrutiRasoi
    Today's Recipe
    Sooji / Semolina Toast / Desi Pizza

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks yummy, checkout my blog at
    http://definingwords.blogspot.com/2012/08/romantic-words.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow nice for a quick snack when the tummy s grumbling

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Thanks for sharing all these delicious recipes. About Upma i have heard lot in Indian dramas. Today i learn here in your blog. Also post recipe of Dosa. I will definitely learn from you :)

    Your friend from bloggers!
    kiran palwasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kiran,

      Thanks a ton for visiting my blog & leaving wonderful comments. Sure I'll post some dosa varieties for u. :-)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for your visit & comments Maha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for commenting on my blog, will be in touch through Google+
    Have a nice weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...