Pav Bhaji is my Hubby's favorite. Last week while shopping I picked 2 pkds of pav bun and it was in my fridge this full week so decided to make pav bhaji & made it today :-)
Here is a simple quick recipe of pav bhaji.
Pav Bun - 2 pkds (4 nos)
Onion - 2
Tomato - 2
Potato - Boiled & mashed
Peas - Boiled
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tbsp
Pav bhaji masala/Chat masala
Cooking Method of Bhaji:
1. In a frying pan, add 2 tbsp of oil. When the oil is hot, throw the fennel seeds.
2. When the aroma of fennel comes, add onion and fry till it turns transparent. Then add tomato.
3. Let tomato cooks well. Then add mashed potatoes & peas in the bhaji mixture.
4. Now add 1 tbsp of pav bhaji masala/chat masala & salt. Mix it well & if it is very thick add 2 tbsp of water.
5. Finally add butter, mix well & let it cook for 5 more mins and Bhaji is ready. Garnish it with onion & coriander leaves.
6. Now take the pav bun. Slice it in the centre of the pav bun & open it like a box. Butter the bun in all sides.
7. Toast the bun in a tava and serve it hot with Bhaji.