I'm a big fan of mint leaves & you would have known that by now because all my recipes mostly has the mint leave's final touch :-)
I have already posted "mint chutney - which can be stored for 15 days" recipe here but this version of mint chutney is like usual chutney which has to be used immediately.
Now comes the mint chutney simple recipe.
"Mint chutney which can be stored for 15 days" recipe is here.
Mint leaves- 1 bunch
Coriander leaves - 1/2 bunch
Coconut - 5 (cut into pieces)
Green chillis - 3
Roasted gram(pottu kadalai/ udacha kadalai) - 1/4 cup
Broken urad dhal
1. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan and fry the mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chillis & coconut pieces nicely in the oil.
2. Then remove it from the flame & allow it to cool for 2 mins. Next add all the fried ingredients + roasted gram + salt to the mixer.
3. First dry grind all the ingredients which is in the mixer for a minute. Then add water little by little and wet grind it nicely.
4. Then transfer this mint chutney mixture to a bowl.
5. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the frying pan. Add mustard seeds.
6. Once mustard splatters add broken urad dhal. When urad dhal turns golden color add curry leaves & remove it from the flame.
7. Pour the seasoning mixture to the grinded mint chutney mixture.
8. Mint Chutney is ready now. This chutney goes well with idili, dosa, ven pongal & upma.