Just to make Sunday special I thought of making dessert yesterday. More votes were given for kulfi icecream. Yes my daughter raised both her hands when asked who wants kulfi :-)
....after voting only I found no condensed milk in my fridge...but still went ahead & made kulfis without condensed milk and it tasted as great as the condensed milk version.
Here comes the my recipe.
Milk - 3 cups
Sugar - 1 cup
Corn flour - 4 tbsp
Cashews, Almond & Pistachios - chopped
1. Dissolve corn flour in 1/2 cup of warm milk & keep it aside.
2. Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan for at least 20 mins. Add sugar & mix it well and continue stirring.
3. When milk is reduced & thickened, add the corn flour mixture to the milk. Reduce the flame to sim. Let it cook for 10 more mins.
4. Then add cardamom powder, cashews, almonds & pistachios to it mix well.
5. Now Kulfi mixture is ready. Remove it from the flame & allow it to cool.
6. Then pour the mixture into kulfi molds/popsicle.
7. Keep it in the freezer for 5/6 hours or till the kulfi is set.
8. Once kulfi is set, remove it from the mold & serve chilled.