I always hesitate to cook lady's finger because cooking this sticky vegetable eats my time. Last week when i was talking about this vegetable with Saradha aunty she gave me this quick lady's finger stir fry recipe & it came out very well even with less oil. Many thanks to Saradha aunty. :-)
The very first time my l'il one liked lady's finger fry.
Lady's finger - 2 cups (cutted)
Onion - 1 big (chopped)
Cumin seeds/Jeeragam - 1/4 tbsp
Green chilli - 1
Urad dhal - 1/2 tbsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tbsp
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
1. Wash the lady's fingers & wipe it dry with a clean cloth. Then cut this vegetable's head & tail, and cut into small pieces and keep it aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan. Add mustard and when mustard splatters, add urad dhal.
3. When urad dhal turns golden color, add cumin seeds & curry leaves.
4. Next add the onions & green chilies. Fry until the onion becomes transparent. Add salt.
5. Then add the lady's finger & fry it in the high flame for 5 mins. Do not cover the vegetable.
6. Pour the lemon juice over the vegetable & fry it in the high flame for another 5 mins.
7. Then sprinkle the garam masala powder over the lady's fingers & stir well. Reduce the flame to sim.
8. Stir - fry the lady's finger for 5 more mins.
9. Lady's finger stir-fry is ready. The cumin seeds aroma with lemon juice & green chilli tastes really good.
10. Lady's finger stir-fry will be delicious with sambar rice, curd rice & lemon rice.