Drumstick Soup is very easy to make. I don't generally prepare separately for making drumstick soup. Whenever I make drumstick sambar or spicy drumstick curry I cook more drumsticks & retain the drumstick water/juice to make instant drumstick soup.
Below comes the recipe of yummy hot drumstick soup. :-)
Drumsticks - 3 long
Corn flour - 1 tbsp
Butter - 1 tbsp
Bread - 1
Pepper powder - 1/4 tbsp
1. Mix 1 tbsp of cornflour in 1/4 cup of warm water & keep it aside. Cut one bread into small cubes & fry it in 1 tbsp of oil and keep it aside.
2.Cut all the drumsticks lengthwise into two halves. In a pressure cooker pan, add the sliced drumsticks + 4 cups of water + salt and pressure cook it for 3 whistles.
3. After 3 whistles, remove it from cooker and strain the water from cooked drumsticks and keep it aside.
4. Take half of the cooked drumsticks, using spoon remove the pulp from the cooked drumsticks and add it to the strained drumsticks water, mix it & keep it ready.
***If you add other half of the drumsticks pulp then it will become too much so you can store the remaining cooked drumsticks for making drumstick fry 2 in 1 ;)
5. Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a heavy bottom pan. Pour in the drumsticks pulp water mixture.
6. Allow it to boil. Then add the cornflour mixture & mix well. Reduce the flame & let it boil for 10 mins.
7. Remove it from the flame. Add pepper. Check salt, if required add salt too.
8. Garnish with fried bread cubes & serve hot.