In my home, for most of the breakfast varieties we have coconut chutney. Even if we have sambar also my family members will ask for coconut chutney. Its like we have addicted to this coconut chutney & too much of coconut is damaging our health.
So I have started replacing coconut chutney slowly... and that's why I cooked brinjal chutney today & recipe is here. Give a try with this recipe & I'm sure you'll like it.
Tomato - 2 big
Red chillis - 4/5
Urad dhal - 1 tbsp
Oil for frying
1. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan.
2. Add urad dhal & fry until it becomes golden color. Then remove the fried urad dhal from pan and keep it in a plate. Let it cool.
3. Next add red chillis to the same oil, fry it for a minute & take the red chillis out of frying pan & place it in the same plate.
4. Now add the sliced brinjal, tomato, asafoetida & salt. Fry until the tomato & brinjal gets cooked. Once brinjal & tomato are cooked, allow it to cool.
5. When all the fried mixture are cooled, add them to the mixer & grind to paste.
6. Brinjal chutney is ready. Brinjal chutney will be yummy with hot idli & dosa.