Even though I'm a non-veg freak, I have started cooking & eating lot of vegetable just for the sake of my daughter. My daughter is mini me. She just like all that I like including food. Since eating vegetables & fruits daily is a must for current life style I have started using lots of veggies & fruits in my daily cooking. That's why lots of veggie recipes in my blog in recent times.
Here comes another simple vegetable recipe "Carrot Peas Masala".
Carrot - 1 cup (chopped)
Peas - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1 big ( chopped)
Tomato - 2 big ( chopped)
Garam masala - 1/2 tbsp
1. Pressure cook carrot & peas for 2 whistles & keep it aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan. Add mustard seeds. When mustard splatters add curry leaves & onion.
3. When onion turns transparent add tomatoes. Add asafoetida, tumeric, salt and let it cook until tomatoes becomes mushy.
4. When tomatoes are mushy, add garam masala and mix it. Let it cook for 1 minute.
5. Then add cooked carrot & peas. Mix thoroughly & let it cook for 10 mins. Reduce the flame to sim.
6. Carrot Peas Masala is ready. Carrot peas masala goes well with curd rice, lemon rice & sambar rice.