Variety Rices are simple yet delicious. You don't need big side dish for these variety rices just chips or papad will do. These variety rices are the best gift/solution for busy working women.
Now a days many variety rice mixes are readily available in stores like Nilgris, Reliance..etc but most of the rices can be prepared in your kitchen in the morning busy hours too.
Beetroot rice is one simple, easy to make & a healthy variety. Here comes my recipe of it.
Cooked rice - 11/2 cups
Beetroot - 1 cup (Grated)
Cashews - 4/5
Bengal gram dhal - 1 tbsp
Onion - 1 big (chopped)
Green chillis - 3/4
Ghee - 1 tbsp
1. Cook 11/2 cups of rice & keep it aside.
2. Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan. Add mustard seeds.
3. Once mustard splattered, add bengal gram dhal and cashews fry till it becomes golden color.
4. Then add onion & green chillis to it. Fry onion until it becomes transparent.
*** Less green chillis will make beetroot rice taste sweet so use more than 3 chillis.
5. Next add grated beetroot & salt. Mix well and cover it with the lid. let the beetroot cook for at least 15 mins.
6. When the beetroots are cooked, add the rice and give a thorough mix. Reduce the flame to sim and let it be for 10 mins.
7. After 10 mins add a spoon of ghee, garnish with mint leaves & serve hot.