Vegetable fried rice is my hubby & daughter's favorite. I made this for the special valentines day.
Cooked Basmati Rice - 2 cups
Carrots + beans + peas - 1 cup ( chopped)
Green chillis - 3 nos
Onion - 1 big ( chopped)
Cashews - 5
Pepper - 1 tbsp
1. Cook Basmati rice and keep it aside.
2. Cook the vegetables carrot + beans + peas + water + salt in the pressure cooker for just one whistle, then strain the cooked vegetables and keep it ready.
3. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add cashews to it and fry till it becomes golden color.
4. Then add onion & green chillis to it. Fry onion until it becomes transparent. Add salt.
5. Next add the cooked vegetables. Mix well & let it cook for 5 mins.
6. Now add the cooked Basmati rice and carefully give a thorough mix. Don't break the rice, while mixing. Reduce the flame to sim. Let it be for 10 mins.
7. After 10 mins add ghee & sprinkle grounded pepper. Give a thorough mix. Garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Vegetable fried rice is ready. This rice can be served with chicken gravy or veg manchurian gravy.