Soya nuggets has high protein content which is good for growing kids. So I tried sandwich using soya nuggets & it really tasted like chicken sandwich. My daughter loved it. Why don't you give a try.....here is the recipe for you. :-)
Soya nuggets - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1 chopped
Tomato - 2 chopped
Garam masala powder - 1 tbsp
Ghee - 1/2 tbsp
Cheese for spreading
Whole wheat bread - 4 slices
Tomato - 1 sliced
Cucumber - 1/2 sliced
Making Method of Soya Nuggets Masala:
1. In a pan, add soya nuggets + salt + 2 cups of water & boil for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 mins, remove it from the flame. Then drain the nuggets out of water. Lightly squeeze out the excess water & keep it aside.
3. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan. Add onion & fry.
4. When onion turns transparent add tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes becomes mushy.
5. Then add salt & 1 tbsp of garam masala, mix well & cook until the raw masala smell leaves.
6. Next add the cooked soya nuggets/vadam & mix thoroughly. Reduce the flame to sim. Let it cook for 5 mins.
7. Add little ghee & give a final mix. Soya Nugget Masala is ready. This is a best & healthy filling for sandwiches or side dish of rotis.
How to Soya Nuggets Sandwich:
1. Toast the breads in a dosa tawa.
2. Take 2 breads. Apply tomato ketchup on one side of one of the bread & spread cheese on one side of the other bread.
3. Place 2 tbsp of soya nuggets masala on the ketchup-ed side of the bread. Arrange the tomato and cucumber on top of it.
4. Then cover it with the other bread with the cheese spreaded side down.
5. Toast the bread again for a minute & serve hot with flower shaped pineapple fruits & pineapple juice or with your kid's favorite fruit & drink.