Broccoli has lots of health benefits but making the kids to eat broccoli is really a mountain climbing task.
Once i tried adding broccoli in maggi noodles but didnt work. Same with sandwich also. Since my l'il one loves fritters/bajji items I tried this broccoli bajjis and believe me she finished all the bajjis within 5 mins. Then I made onion bajji for rest of us...:-)
Do give a try with your kids too.........
Broccoli - 1 cup (cut to florets)
Bengal gram flour - 2 cups
Corn flour - 1 tbsp
Rice flour - 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tea spoon
Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tbsp
Oil for frying
1. Wash the broccoli & cut the vegetable into small florets. Then soak the florets in the boiling water for 5 mins, then remove it and keep it aside.
2. In a big bowl, add bengal gram flour + red chilli powder + corn flour + rice flour + ginger garlic paste + salt and mix well.
3. Then add water slowly & make a batter. The batter should not be too thick or too thin. It should be like the dosa batter.
4. Heat oil in the heavy bottom frying pan. Dip the broccoli in the gram flour batter & slowly slip it in the hot oil.
5. When the broccoli bajji/fritters turns golden color on both the sides, remove it from the oil and place it on the tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
6. Hot Broccoli Bajjis/Fritters are ready. Serve hot with coconut chutney or tomato ketchup.