Green Peas Masala is my favorite dosa side dish. Actually my mother - in-law use to make this very well. I just learned the perfect version from her & tried this week. It came out exactly like hers but my daughter liked only my version and she told her aachi( grand ma) also that but the way she told was very funny. So her aachi laughed & chased her for the whole day....:-)
Here's my MIL 's recipe for u.
Dry green peas - 2 cups
Potato - 3
Onion - 3 big chopped
Tomato - 2 big chopped
Coriander & mint leaves
1. Soak green peas overnight.
2. Wash the soaked green peas & pressure cook it with salt for 6 whistles and keep it ready.
3. Cook potatoes nicely, mash it nicely & keep it ready.
4. Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan. Add mustard seeds. When mustard splatters, add fennel seeds.
5. When aroma of fennel comes, then add curry leaves & onion.
6. When onion turns transparent add tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes becomes mushy.
7. Then add 2 full tbsp of garam masala, mix well & cook for one minute.
8. Next add mashed potatoes & salt. Mix thoroughly & let it cook.
9. After 2 minutes, add the boiled green peas & a cup of water. Give a mix. Cover it with the lid and let it cook for 10 mins.
10. Add a tbsp of ghee & give a final mix. Remove it from the flame. Garnish with coriander & mint leaves.
11. Green peas masala is ready. Serve it with dosa/roti.