Spicy /kaara chutney is one of my favorite chutneys. This chutney is very simple to make & tasty too. Kaara chutney goes well with idli, dosa, roti and even with rice. Here is the recipe for you.
Bengal gram dhal/chick pea dhal/ kadalai paruppu - 1 tbsp
Red chilli - 2 nos
Onion - 2
1. Place a heavy bottom pan or kadai in the stove.
2. Pour two spoons of oil in the pan.
3. When oil is hot, add Bengal gram dhal & fry it to golden color.
4. Sim the fire and then add the red chillis.
5. Once the chillis turns dark red, add the onion. Fry it until the onion turns transparent.
6. Add tomato and salt.
7. Once the tomato is cooked, remove the pan from the stove and allow it to cool.
8. Then grind the cooked mixture in the mixie and serve with hot idli or dosas.