Happy Pongal to you all.......let this year brings good health & wealth to all.
Here is a healthy & perfect side dish for Ven Pongal :-)
Sprouted White channa - 1 cup
Tomato - 4
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Garam masala - 3 tbsp
Potato - 2 ( mashed)
Ghee - 2 tbsp
1. Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add fennel seeds & mustard to it. Once it splatters add curry leaves.
2. Then add onion. When onion becomes transparent add ginger garlic paste.
3. When the aroma of ginger garlic paste comes add tomato.
4. When tomato is half cooked add the sprouted white Channa and salt. Add 1/4 cup of water, mix it well & let the channa cook.
5. Once channa is cooked add garam masala & add 3 cups of water.
6. When the raw smell of masala leaves, then add the mashed potato & let the channa curry boils.
7. Add 2 tbsp of ghee to the boiling channa curry and garnish with coriander leaves.
**** To make the curry more thick you can add grinded coconut paste.
8. Serve hot with Ven Pongal.
Linking this recipe to Preeti's foodabulous fest