Chicken Gravy is the very first recipe i learnt to cook from my mom when i was in my school. First time itself the gravy was very good & tasty, and dad & bro liked it very much. From that time on, i was the one who cooked chicken gravy till my marriage. :-)
Here is my chicken gravy recipe.
Chicken cleaned - 1 kg
Onion - 3 big
Tomato - 5 big
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Chicken masala powder- 2 tbsp
Coconut - 2 tbsp(grinded)
1. Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan. Add mustard. When mustard splatters, add fennel seeds & curry leaves.
2. Then add onion & fry till it turns transparent. Add ginger garlic paste. Fry till the aroma comes & then add tomatoes.
3. When tomatoes are cooked, add nicely grinded coconut. Mix nicely and let it cook till the coconut raw smell leaves. Also add required salt to it.
4. Then add cleaned chicken. Do not add water because chicken, tomato & onion itself will have water and that is enough to get cooked.
5. Let the chicken get cooked well and then add chicken masala powder.
6. Allow the masala powder to blend & cook nicely with the chicken. After 15 -20 mins, if chicken is cooked well then the oil separates. Do when the oil separates remove the gravy from fire.
7. Tasty chicken gravy is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves & Serve hot with briyani rice, white rice, roti, dosa.....etc.