My family is very fond of this "Spicy Curry" varieties. So I use to experiment a lot with different vegetables & variations. Many more "Spicy Curry" varieties are on the way exclusively for u.... ;)
Here comes one of the varieties.
Drumstick - 2 long
Onion - 3 big ( chopped)
Tomato - 3 big ( chopped)
Tamarind - small medium ball size
Coconut - 1/4 of the shell
Garlic - 10 cloves
Garam masala powder - 2 tbsp
1. Soak tamarind in 4 cups of water, extract the juice & keep it aside. Also grind coconut to fine paste in the mixer & keep it aside.
2. Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan. Add mustard seeds. When mustard splatters add curry leaves, garlic & onion.
3. When onion turns transparent add tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes becomes mushy.
4. Then add 2 full tbsp of garam masala, salt mix well & cook for one minute.
5. Next add tamarind water, then add drumsticks and mix thoroughly. Let the drumstick cook nicely.
6. Once the drumsticks are cooked, add the coconut mixture & let it cook until the raw coconut smell leaves, that would be approximately 10 mins. Spicy drumstick curry is ready now.
7. Garnish the spicy drumstick curry with coriander leaves & serve hot with steamed rice. Spicy drumstick curry goes well with hot idilis also.