You don't like snake gourd....well then try it in my style of recipe & I'm sure you'll like it :-).
Recipe is here...
Podalangai - 2 cups (cut in cubes)
Onion - 1 Big - chopped
Bengal gram dhal - 1 cup
Red chillis - 3 nos
1. Pressure cook bengal gram dhal for 4 whistles & keep it ready.
2. Pressure cook Podalangai/snake gourd for 2 whistles & keep it ready.
3. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan. Add mustard seeds. When mustard splatters add curry leaves & onion.
4. Then add red chillis and fry until onion turns transparent. Add salt.
5. Now add the cooked bengal gram dhal & Podalangai. Mix thoroughly and let it cook for 10 mins in the sim flame.
6. After 10 mins podalangai kootu is ready. Perfect side dish for kara kuzhambu & vattha kuzhambu.